With a side entrance to your home, you can be a little more forgiving when it comes to messes. But with a front-door entry foyer, through which you and your guests get a first impression of your home, you’ve got to be a little more on top of your style and storage game. The following are some of the most popular front-entry photos recently, as measured by the number of people who saved them to their Houzz ideabooks from January through March. Let us know which will inspire your next project.
Entryway 1: Jackson and LeRoy, original photo on Houzz
6. A classic wooden bench offers a spot to take off and put on shoes in this farmhouse-style entryway in Utah.
Entryway 2: Nicole Benveniste Interior Design, original photo on Houzz
5. Benjamin Moore’s Plaster of Paris paint on the walls sets the soothing tone for this spacious San Francisco entry. A large painting featuring pale swaths of color hangs over a few well-chosen accessories atop a weathered wood table, starting this home off on the right foot.
Entryway 3: Brian Paquette Interiors, original photo on Houzz
4. Here, a burl-wood-type table and vibrant abstract art create movement and excitement.
Related: Flower Vases for the Entryway
Entryway 4: Tim Barber Ltd Architecture, original photo on Houzz
3. A rich wood built-in helps organize this Los Angeles entry. A frosted, ribbed glass window obscures the view into the living room.
Entryway 5: NEST Interior Design Group, original photo on Houzz
2. An eclectic mix of art and accessories beckons guests into this Houston home. A table offers a spot for keys and wallets, while wire baskets below can handle shoes and bags.
Entryway 6: Fluidesign Studio, original photo on Houzz
1. Creamy shiplap walls, rich wood floors and a wood console table establish a refreshing air in this Minneapolis home.
By Mitchell Parker, Houzz