“The American Dream is one of success, home-ownership, college education for one’s children, and have a secure job to provide these and other goals.” – Leonard Boswell
Home-ownership remains an intricate and vital part of The American Dream. Not only does home-ownership increase a person’s wealth and equity, but it also provides a foundation of stability — for the people living in the home and for the communities they live in. Together these things build a sense of pride, and more importantly, country. It represents everything our founders fought for.
Thousands of research studies support the financial and social benefits of home-ownership, but a few of the benefits commonly agreed upon include:
- Financial Gain: Owning a home make you eligible for certain tax deductions, builds equity and appreciation, and increases your borrowing power.
- Stability: Once you move into your home, you won’t have to worry about one-year leases, moving expenses, finding a new apartment or a revolving door of new neighbors.
- Health Benefits: While home maintenance is something to be prepared for, some studies show that homeowners are healthier and happier than renters. This may come from an inherent sense of pride in home-ownership, stability, and a positive outlook on one’s personal life.
- Benefits To Children: Research shows that the children of homeowners benefit from stable upbringings, learn to take pride in responsibility for their homes and personal spaces, and contribute positively to their communities.
- Social Benefits: All of the above benefits result in happy, healthy and flourishing communities.
As we celebrate another birthday in these, the United States of America, let us remember the men & women over the last two centuries who fought and died to win this generation their freedom. Freedom to follow our dreams, to pursue happiness, to keep our families safe & to teach our children what Independence truly means. The right of ALL people to live independently from those who would take away their freedoms. The right to determine our own path while showing compassion and understanding for those around us. This is what America was founded on, and this is what we should continue to strive for today. Have a happy & safe Fourth of July everyone!